Scandinavian design inspired small living room

by 4:26 AM 0 comments

I recently moved into my house and I tried to make my living room as nice as possible and on the budget.
The white bookshelf made my father. Also small shelves for picture display were made by my father. It used to be wood color but I repainted it. Also gray sofa was made by my mother in law who is professional seamstress.  When we bought the house the sofa was already included but it was really old and dirty so she up-cycled the sofa with new fabrics and fillings.
There are still a lot of details that need to be added but I wanted to present a REAL actual home, not some fancy sterile room that works only for photographing.
I know that my living room does not have enough of expected Scandinavian minimalism but I still tried to incorporate grayish tones and simplicity when it comes to furniture design. Also, I think that plant give special flare to the decor and I plan to have more. 

My living room has open concept kitchen and dining room included. So I photographed the room from my kitchen. The room is not big for US standards, but for European homes, it has normal size. 

 Here are some before photos:
The fist photo is how the living room used to look and on the other photo you can see previous look of the sofa.




And here is improved version of the living room and the sofa.
ikea inspired living room
European living room

gray sofa white furniture
Scandinavian style simple living room

open concept small dining room
Open concept small kitchen and living room





Emina Osmić-Hajdarević

Developer

I live in small town in nothern Bosnia. My passions are cats, crocheting and DIY projects. My profession is teaching and project managing in cultural sector.

0 comments:

Post a Comment