Stage Giant Book Props

by 12:05 PM 0 comments

Giant Old Books


big book prop on stage
Giant Old Book Stage Prop




I spent hours and hours scrolling down on Pinterest to find ideas for school day prop. I came up with this idea: giant books. I found some good examples, I called my father, got some boxes and went into adventure. I must say that this project is rather demanding. It took me 15 hours of work to finish my two lovely books. The whole project is improvised, so I used different material on my books. 
I hope that this post can help you to have courage to make prop on your own, and you should know one thing: it WILL get messy. 
So here are some materials and tools that I used:
acrylic paint
hot glue (gun needed)
paper
cardboard
Styrofoam board
brushes
pencil
faux leather
cardboard box 
sandpaper

Here is my first book.
It is made from sturdy paper box. The nice slope that you can see is made by gluing sculpted  Styrofoam board with sandpaper on the longer  side on the  box, and than I covered it with cardboar that presents book covers. 

I glued regular paper sheets between covers and painted it with normal acrylic paint and I used also acrylic colored pencils to draw pages. It does not have to be  perfect. And finally I painted the covers with red acrylic paint. 

Here it is before I drew pages.

Giant Book Prop





stage prop school play
Freshly painted book

giant book prop on stage
Freshly painted


I even made candle out of Pringles container, I glued paper on it, painted it and put some hot glue on it. 

Big Book Stage Prop with Candle


For second book I used faux leather for covers. I glued it on the cardboard panels. Here is the result.
faux leather big book stage prop
Big Boo









Emina Osmić-Hajdarević

Developer

I live in small town in nothern Bosnia. My passions are cats, crocheting and DIY projects. My profession is teaching and project managing in cultural sector.

0 comments:

Post a Comment